Since I started to learn photography I
have become a little disconnected from things I used to do more often
and enjoy, for instance cooking.
Today I have decided to go back to it
and do a little ingredient/food photography on the side while I made
the salad outlined below. It is a pretty good salad packed with
protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
What you need
- 1 cup of red quinoa, cooked;
- ½ pound wild salmon, cooked;
- ½ cup cut peppers (chose the color);
- ¼ cup fresh cut mint;
- ¼ cup fresh cut italian parsley;
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, cut in very small pieces;
- 1/4 cup fetta cheese (not in the picture);
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (not in the picture);
- salt and lemon to taste.
I photographed the ingredients and the
salad under the kitchen's artificial light since it was already dark
outside. I admit that this is not a work of art, particularly the way
things are arranged, but the goal was to make a salad, not great art.
I chose f/8 to have some depth of field but I focused on the red pepper
to have the depth of field slowly softening towards the back of the
picture. The metering was spot metering, simply because I had forgotten to change it to matrix after the last shooting section :-(
![]() |
Nikon D3100
35 mm prime, ISO 400, f/8, 0.5s
|
- Mix everything in a large bowl after quinoa and salmon have cooled down.
How to do it
![]() |
Nikon D3100
35 mm prime, ISO 400, f/8, 0.5s
|
In the photo above I had switched back
to matrix metering...
And by the way, the salad is delicious.


No comments:
Post a Comment