Sunday, February 28, 2016

Oxalis against black

I have been very busy lately and have not posted anything since... December last year. A lot has happened since then, so I have not been able to post here once a week as I had predicted.

Below is a series of photos I took this winter when the Oxalis flowers in my garden started to bloom. I have posted them on my 500 pixels site.

The setup to take them was quite simple. I took those pictures inside my house, taking advantage of a window. On the side opposite to the window, I placed a mirror to bounce the light back to the flower. Behind the flower, which was in water, on a bucket, I placed a black board.

In Photoshop Elements, when processing the picture from raw mode, I increased the blacks a little and used some fill light to have an equally lit background.

This is a very easy set up requiring very little equipment ( a mirror, a window, and a black board besides the camera on a tripod).

The lens I used is my new Nikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G, which I am having a lot of fun with. A diagram below if you are willing to try:


Window

Camera (on tripod) -----flower in pot -----Background

Mirror

And the photos:



NIKON D3100
40.0 mm f/2.8
ƒ/10/
1/13s
ISO 200

NIKON D3100
40.0 mm f2.8
ƒ/11
1/15s
ISO 200

NIKON D3100
40.0 mm f/2.8
40mm
ƒ/14
1/15s
ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment