To get to Treasure Island, simply follow the signs at the Bay Bridge and exit. A narrow winding road will take you to a gate, where you say "hi" but do not have to pay anything. Parking is available near the gate, and if is crowded there is plenty of parking a block or two farther into the Island.
We got there at 4:40 p.m. and set up. It was a cloudy day and the evening turned very blue. I took several pictures but there were only a few opportunities for composition. I liked the three below.
This photo, a wide angle view of the bridge, is to the left of the Embarcadero.
![]() |
NIKON D3100
55.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
55mm
/
ƒ/11
/
1/3s
/
ISO 400 |
![]() |
NIKON D3100
55.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
125mm
/
ƒ/11
/
4s
/
ISO 400 |
And finally, a little latter, when the blue had disappeared into the night, another view of the other side of the bay bridge.
![]() |
NIKON D3100
18.0-55.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
35mm
/
ƒ/11
/
13s
/
ISO 400 |
Though this was a good exercise, and I really like the final results, I also have a feeling that there is nothing very original about these pictures. If you go on stock sites, they are everywhere. But I guess there are not many options when it comes to city lights. There are the famous ones and the boring ones...




No comments:
Post a Comment