Sunday, March 8, 2015

Museum photos


During my visit to the De Young museum in San Francisco I took the opportunity to take some photographs. As it was not a photography expedition and I had company, I did not have much time to fuss with the camera and no tripods or flash were allowed. Not knowing what else to do, I used the automatic setting of my camera with the flash off option. I am pleased with the results I obtained photographing inside, some of which are depicted below:


First floor from above
AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6
ISO 450 24 mm f/4 1/15

Selfie
AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6
ISO 400 24 mm f/4 1/15

Stairs
AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6
ISO 500 34 mm f/6.3 1/15
Outside, however, was another story. The famous overcast days of San Francisco have not materialized the last few times I went there and it sure was not the case yesterday. The sun was ruthless and pretty much ruined every picture I tried to take. The one below was taken in the outside sculpture garden and I am not too displeased with it. I played a little with the f stops and this one is the best of all in my opinion.

Apples
AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6
ISO 100 48 mm f/5.3 1/320






No comments:

Post a Comment