Monday, February 23, 2015

Oak in the sunset

Today I made a new experiment, I went to the Riparian Reserve a little before the sunset, may be an hour before, and took a number of photos of my favorite oak with the sun setting at about 45% angle.

I let the camera in program mode and took pictures every five minutes or so. I took so many because I was bored, I probably only needed to take one every time the exposure changed. The camera went from f 6.3 1/160 to f 4.5 1/80 and then the sun set. The ISO remained constant at 100. It was certainly a good exercise as I learn how exposure works. 

The pictures, in jpeg and not post-processed are added from smaller to wider aperture. 








The HDR result is below. I cropped it a little bit:



I am not sure it was worth all the effort, and the final result seems to be a little poorer than any of the pictures in isolation. It is possible that the complexity of the branches of the oak does not help in the matter. Next time I will try an HDR on images with less details.

No comments:

Post a Comment