| Unpretentious Iphone snapshot of the library shelf. |
I am a “local
library” enthusiast and I rarely buy books. I am from a paper
generation and for that reason I get more out of books than I get out
of websites, no matter how good the websites are. Since I started
trying to “take better photos” I have come across a number of
books in my local library that have helped me tremendously in my
attempts to learn. Since all I had was the library shelves, I came
across these books quite by chance. I enjoy this “random” aspect
of browsing the library for what they have, and in ways I find it
more productive than browsing the thousands of books on online sites
such as Amazon.com. It both limits my choices and opens up new
horizons. And the best of all, its free.
Below are the
books I have found most memorable.
Instructional/technical
- Complete Digital Photography, by Ben Long;
- How to Do Everything with Your Digital Camera, by Dave Johnson.
Inspiring, composition
- Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography, by Brenda Tharp;
- Capturing the Light: An Inspirational and Instructional Guide to Landscape Photography, by Peter Watson;
- The BetterPhoto Guide to Photographing Light: Learn to Capture Stunning Light in any Situation, by Jim Miotke and Kerry Drager;
- Learning to See Creatively: Design, Color, and Composition in Photography, by Bryan Peterson;
- The Image Bank, by Michael O'Connor.
Note: The
links are provided, for the sake of convenience, to Amazon.com. I was
going to provide a little summary of each book but the Amazon.com
site has a plethora of reviews of each book. This is not a an attempt
to promote Amazon.com and whether one clicks on the links or not
makes no difference to me, I make no money on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment